The Augusta Chronicle and Applause invite readers to join us in celebrating the arts in our community by entering our inaugural Applaud the Artist Cover Contest.
• Entries must be received by 5 p.m. Thursday, Aug. 16, and must include artist’s full name, age, address, e-mail and phone.
• Contest is open to all ages, amateurs and professionals.
• Cover design must be original work and illustrate the arts in the Augusta community, including one category or several (dance, theater, music, visual arts).
• Finished cover size must be 10¼ inches wide by 8¾ inches deep (your design can, but is not required to include the word Applause; The Chronicle reserves the right to add Applause logo, The Augusta Chronicle logo and the date of publication).
• Employees of Morris Communications Co. and their immediate family members are not eligible to participate in this contest.
HOW TO ENTER
Entries can be submitted electronically (.jpg format; minimum 200 dpi) by e-mail to email@example.com or by mail to Applaud the Artist Cover Contest, The Augusta Chronicle Newsroom, 725 Broad St., Augusta, GA 30901. Entries will be converted to digital format by The Chronicle staff.
• The winning entry, chosen by a panel of judges, will be the Applause cover Sept. 6. Finalists will be featured in the Sept. 6 Applause and copies of finalists’ entries will be displayed at The Augusta Chronicle booth Sept. 14-16 during the Arts in the Heart of Augusta festival.
• Entrants retain copyright, but grant The Chronicle permission to use images of entries for digital and print publications and for promotional use.
• Artists may pick up original artwork between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. Sept. 17-21 at the News Building, 725 Broad St. Entries will be returned by mail if a self-addressed, postage-paid envelope is included with submission. The Chronicle will carefully handle submissions but cannot be held liable for their condition.
• Keith Claussen, Applause art columnist
• Todd Beasley, Creative Director, Morris Museum of Art
• Alan C. MacTaggart, Chair, Department of Art, Augusta State University
Contact Mary Frances Hendrix, Applause Editor, at (706) 823-3347 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.