Musicians from the Augusta area are invited to submit their original music for the 2014 AMPED: The Augusta Chronicle Music Contest.
- Entries will be accepted from May 22-midnight, July 5, 2014. The contest is open to all ages – amateurs and professionals.
- Each artist or group is limited to one original song. Submissions must be appropriate for all audiences. Profanity will lead to disqualification.
- Entrants retain copyright, but grant The Chronicle permission to use their entry and associated photos/video for digital and print publications and for promotional use.
- Artists must be able to perform submissions for a live audience. Finalists must be able to perform at the official Sky City AMPED Preview Show (date to be announced) and at the Arts in the Heart of Augusta festival (Saturday, Sept. 20, 2014).
- The 12 semifinalists must supply a photo or allow The Chronicle to take photos for use with the AMPED online ballot and in print and online publications.
- Employees of Morris Communications Co. and their immediate family members are not eligible to participate.
HOW TO ENTER
- Digital files may be submitted by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- CDs may be submitted by mail to AMPED Music Contest, The Augusta Chronicle Newsroom, 725 Broad St., Augusta, GA 30901.
- Round 1: Online voting will be open from noon Monday, July 14-noon Monday, July 28. Twelve acts, six chosen by popular online vote and six critics’ picks, will move on to the AMPED semifinals.
- Semifinal round: Online voting for the 12 semifinalists will be open from noon Monday, Aug. 11-noon Monday, Aug. 25. Six acts, three chosen by popular vote and three critics’ picks, will be selected as finalists. Finalists will perform at the official Sky City AMPED Preview Show (date to be announced; between Aug. 28 and Sept. 11).
- Final round: The remaining six acts will participate in the AMPED Music Contest finals on Saturday, Sept. 20, at the Arts in the Heart of Augusta festival. A panel of three judges will select a first-, second- and third-place winner. First place wins $400 and a future one-time advertisement in Applause to promote a local performance date; second place wins $200; third place wins $100. Winners will be announced in all online and print editions of the Sept. 21 Augusta Chronicle and Sept. 25 Applause.
Contact Mary Frances Hendrix, Applause editor, at (706) 823-3347 or e-mail email@example.com.