All-Access Prize Package Giveaway Sweepstakes Official Rules
1. ELIGIBILITY. This sweepstakes (this "Contest") is offered by The Augusta Chronicle ("Sponsor"). Valid Contestants (“Contestants”) must be at least eighteen (18) years of old and reside within a sixty (60) mile radius of the intersection of Broad Street and 8th Street in downtown Augusta, Georgia. Employees and directors of Sponsor and all of its subsidiary and related companies and the immediate family (spouse, mother, father, sister, brother, daughter or son, regardless of where they live) or members of their same households (whether related or not) of such employees and directors are not eligible. By entering this Contest, you agree to these All-Access Prize Package Giveaway Sweepstakes Official Rules (“Official Rules”) and the decisions of Sponsor, which shall be final and binding in all respects. No purchase is necessary to win, and purchasing any product will not improve your chances to win. This Contest is void in states where this Contest is not valid or allowed. Winner must accept all terms and conditions of prize to qualify. This Contest is open to general public.
2. PROMOTIONAL PERIOD. The promotional period for this Contest begins on July 15 at 7:00 a.m. Eastern Time (ET), and ends on October 19, 2012 at 11:59:59 p.m. ET ("Promotional Period").
3. ENTRY. There is no cost to enter this Contest. There are two (2) methods of entry into this Contest. (1) Contestants are automatically entered in this Contest after activating their membership to The Augusta Chronicle All-Access program during the Promotional Period. (2) Hand-print your complete name, address, city, state, ZIP code, date of birth and daytime and evening telephone numbers (including area code) on an unlined 3" x 5" card, and mail, in a #10 envelope with sufficient postage affixed, to: “All-Access Prize Package Giveaway Sweepstakes, Post Office Box 936, Augusta, GA 30903”. Mail-in entries must be postmarked and received by the end of the Promotional Period in order to be eligible for the drawing. Enter as often as you wish; however, each mail-in entry will count as one (1) entry into the drawing and must be mailed in a separate postmarked-and-stamped envelope. Proof of mailing does not constitute proof of delivery. Regardless of entry method, entries that are mechanically reproduced, copied, illegible, incomplete, or inaccurate and entries by any means which subvert the entry process are void. Incomplete entries or entries not complying with these Official Rules are subject to disqualification, at the Sponsor's sole discretion. Entries become the property of the Sponsor and will not be acknowledged or returned.
4. DRAWING. One Winner (“Winner”) will be selected by a random drawing from all eligible entries of Contestants received during the Promotional Period by Sponsor's legal counsel or designated representative. All entries and information associated therewith will become the property of Sponsor and may be used as Sponsor sees fit for marketing, publicity or sale, unless prohibited by law. Contestants also grant to the Sponsor the right to use and publish their proper name and state online, in print, and in any other media form in connection with this Contest. Photos can be used by the Sponsors at any time to promote the Winner online, in print, or in any other media form. The drawing will be conducted on or before October 22, 2012.
5. PRIZE/ODDS. No warranties or representations of any kind are made about the prizes. Sponsor reserves the right to exchange any prize for any reason with another prize. No assignment or transfer of a prize is permitted prior to delivery of the prize to the winner. Winner is responsible for all federal, state and local taxes and shipping and handling charges. Winner will be required to complete an IRS Form W-9 and the Sponsor reserves the right to withhold prizes until the Sponsor receives the completed IRS Form W-9. The prize package shall consist of the following: 1) an HP laptop computer; 2) an Apple iPad 16 GB WiFi + 4G; 3) a $200 gift certificate to Apple (some restrictions may apply) for an iPhone; and 4) a newspaper box and pole. The total value of prizes to be awarded is approximately $1,414.12. Some prize(s) may be awarded in the form of gift certificates redeemable at selected retailers, including online retailers. Neither gift certificates, nor any balance remaining after redemption or purchase, are redeemable for cash. Odds of winning depend upon the number of eligible entries received for this Contest.
6. CONTEST WINNER. The Winner will be notified by email. If the Winner is not reached after seven (7) days, or if the winner is unavailable for prize fulfillment, an alternate winner will be selected from the remaining entries of this Contest. All results posted are unofficial until the Winner responds to the email notification. The prizes must be picked up by the Winner within 130 days from The Augusta Chronicle, News Building, 725 Broad Street, Augusta, GA 30909. The Winner is responsible for picking up his/her prize. The Sponsor is not responsible for incident or injury to the Winner traveling to pick up the prizes or traveling from picking up the prizes. The Sponsor is not liable for any damages to the prizes. The Sponsor hereby expressly disclaim all warranties whatsoever on the prizes.
7. INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY. This Contest and all related webpages, newspapers, and official rules, including their contents and code, are owned by the Sponsor and protected by copyright laws. Copying or unauthorized use of any copyrighted materials, trademarks, or other intellectual property without the express written consent of its owner is strictly prohibited.
8. GENERAL CONDITIONS. Sponsor reserves the right to change the Official Rules herein at any time. This Contest is void where prohibited. The Winner agrees to release and hold harmless Sponsor, its affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies and their respective directors, officers, employees, representatives and agents from any and all liability for any injuries, loss or damage of any kind to person, including death, and property, arising in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from acceptance, possession, use or misuse of a prize, participation in any activity related to this Contest, or participation in this Contest. To accomplish this, the Winner must execute and return an Affidavit of Eligibility, Publicity Release and Release from Liability within 10 days of notification. Failure to timely return these may result in disqualification with an alternate winner selected. Where permitted by law, the Winner (and in those instances when drawings for an alternate winner have taken place, alternate winners who have been selected) agrees to grant to Sponsor, and its licensees, affiliates and assigns, the right to print, publish, broadcast and use, worldwide in any media now known or hereafter developed, including but not limited to the world wide web, at any time or times, the Winner's name, portrait, picture, voice, likeness and biographical information as news or information and for advertising and promotional purposes without additional consideration; and further without such additional compensation, appear for, or provide biographical information for use in, any presentation or other activity which may include filming/audio/video/electronic or other recordings and/or interviews, as may be determined from time to time by Sponsor. Failure to make such appearances or grant such rights may result in disqualification with an alternate winner or potential winner selected; and while not obligated to do so, Sponsor may in its sole discretion, bear such reasonable costs and expenses which Sponsor, in its sole discretion, deems appropriate for the Winner or potential winners to appear for a presentation or other activity. Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual it finds, in its sole discretion, to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of this Contest or Web site; to be in violation of the Terms of Service of the Web site, to be acting in violation of these Official Rules; or to be acting in a non-sportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person. Sponsor will prosecute any fraudulent activities related to this Contest to the full extent of the law.
9. LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY. Sponsor is not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by Web site users, or tampering or hacking, or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in this Contest and assumes no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to the Web site. Sponsor is not responsible for injury or damage to participants' or to any other person's computer related to or resulting from participating in this Contest or downloading materials from or use of the Web site. If, for any reason, this Contest is not capable of running as planned, Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend this Contest. IN NO EVENT WILL SPONSOR, ITS LICENSEES, AND OR AFFILIATES, SUBSIDIARIES AND RELATED COMPANIES, THEIR ADVERTISING, LEGAL OR PROMOTION AGENCIES OR THEIR RESPECTIVE OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, REPRESENTATIVES AND AGENTS, BE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES OR LOSSES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF YOUR ACCESS TO AND USE OF THIS CONTEST WEB SITE OR THE DOWNLOADING FROM AND/OR PRINTING MATERIAL DOWNLOADED FROM SAID SITE. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, EVERYTHING ON THIS SITE IS PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. SOME JURISDICTIONS MAY NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OR EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES SO SOME OF THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. CHECK YOUR LOCAL LAWS FOR ANY RESTRICTIONS OR LIMITATIONS REGARDING THESE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS.
10. DISPUTES. As a condition of participating in this Contest, participant agrees that any and all disputes which cannot be resolved between the parties, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, exclusively, before the Magistrate Court or Superior Court located in Columbia County, Georgia, which Court shall apply the laws of the State of Georgia without regard for doctrines of Conflict of Law. Further, in any such dispute, under no circumstances will participant be permitted to obtain awards for, and hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental or consequential damages, or any other damages, including attorneys' fees, other than participant's actual out-of-pocket expenses (i.e., costs associated with entering this Promotion), and participant further waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased.
11. WINNER LIST. The Winner list will be displayed online within 96 hours of prize announcement. Winner list can also be obtained by writing and sending a self-addressed, stamped envelope to: All Access Prize Package Giveaway Sweepstakes Winner List Please, P.O. Box 936, Augusta, GA 30903.