- Bettie Bush , of New Ellenton, has received a Buck Grant Award from Aiken Technical College.
- Montrez Coleman , a fifth-grader at Douglas Elementary, Trenton, S.C., and Brandi Jackson , an eighth-grader at Johnston-Edgefield-Trenton Middle School, were district winners in the annual Lieutenant Governor's Writing Awards Program.
- The Transportation Department of the Edgefield County School District honored the following bus drivers for perfect attendance for the third quarter of the school year:
Debra Andrews, Sheron Bibbs, Denise Cobb, Mary Felton, Brenda Gilliam, Brenda Gordon, Joann Greene, Angela Griffin, John Henry Jackson, Diane Johnson, Joan Long, James Mathis, Terry McKie, Evelyn Mitchell, Larry Pinson, Lizzie Turner, Johnnie Mae Williams and Catherine Wooten .
- Randi Moss , daughter of Mr. and Mrs. Woodford Moss, has been initiated into Gamma Xi chapter of Delta Delta Delta at Furman University in Greenville, S.C.
- Marine Pfc. Joy Sutphin , daughter of Robert and Linda Moore, has graduated from training at Parris Island, S.C.