Reviewing and previewing college basketball:
Lenoir-Rhyne . Keep careful notice of the Bears. Lenoir-Rhyne (14-3) is leading the South Atlantic Conference with a 7-0 mark, including a recent win over Wingate. Lenoir-Rhyne, currently fifth in the South Atlantic Region, will move up in next week's rankings.
UNC Pembroke men . After a 6-2 start, the Braves appeared on their way to their first winning season since 1999-2000. But they've lost nine consecutive games and are at the bottom of the Peach Belt.
IN CASE YOU MISSED IT
The box score does not lie. The Carson-Newman men knocked off Catawba in overtime, 129-123, Wednesday. At the end of regulation, the game stood tied at 111. Six players scored in double digits for each team.
PUT A FORK IN IT
The Peach Belt Conference has awarded eight men's Player of the Week awards this season. Every player has come from either Augusta State or USC Aiken. Unless a local player does something special today, expect someone from one of the remaining conference teams to win next week's award.
- Paine women at Stillman, 1 p.m. Lady Lions face conference's second-best shooting team.
- Paine men at Stillman, 3 p.m. Lions face conference cellar-dweller.
- USC Aiken women at Armstrong Atlantic State, 2 p.m. Lady Pirates have lost five of their past six games.
- USC Aiken men at Armstrong Atlantic State, 4 p.m. The Pacers go for the season sweep.
- Augusta State women at Georgia College & State, 5:30 p.m. Lady Jaguars look to avenge earlier loss to the Lady Bobcats.
- Augusta State men at Georgia College & State, 7:30 p.m. A win today, added to a win over Columbus State on Monday, would give the Jaguars a three-game lead over the third-place team in the Peach Belt.
RANKING THE MEN'S TEAMS
1. USC Aiken (16-2, 10-1) . Guard Kingsley Oguchi averaging 11 points and six rebounds over the past four games.
2. Augusta State (13-4, 8-2) . In his past five games, guard Ben Madgen is shooting 14-for-42 from the field with just three 3-pointers.
3. Paine (7-9, 6-6) . Lions in midst of four-game road swing.
4. Aiken Tech (14-4, 6-2) . Terrance Washington impressive against Denmark Tech with 14 points, 11 rebounds, four assists and four blocks.
RANKING THE WOMEN'S TEAMS
1. Augusta State (12-5, 6-4) . The Lady Jaguars received a confidence boost with No. 7 regional ranking.
2. USC Aiken (12-5, 6-5) . Aside from next week's home game against Francis Marion, Lady Pacers have favorable stretch over the next six games.
3. Paine (4-11, 4-8) . Paine freshman Latoya Ashley third in conference rebounding, averaging 10.1 boards a game.