12Bands has partnered with Georgia Regents University once again to produce 12Bands of GRU Volume 2, which will be 12 original tracks from artists who have an association with GRU (past and present).
The album will be released on Sept 30th and will be sold at local retail outlets as well as online retailers (iTunes, Amazon, etc).
Each band selected will be asked to perform at the 12Bands Christmas Tree Light Up Spectacular on Dec 6th at the Augusta Common.
The deadline for submitting music to be considered for this year's CD is August 28.
Proceeds from the sale of the CD will benefit 12Bands programs as well as various GRU fundraising campaigns.
Criteria for submitting:
- Band or band member is associated with GRU through school (past or present names) or employment or
- Band or band member is associated with 12Bands past Christmas releases
- Original Song (non-Christmas) - Band must own all rights to music, and if selected, grant 12Bands and GRU the right to include song on 12Bands of GRU Vol. 2 release in 2014
- Submit one paragraph about how the band or any of the band members are associated with GRU or 12Bands
- Submit a hi-res photo of band
- Submit an MP3 (the preferred format) of the song
Submit music, photo and paragraph to email@example.com
For more information about 12Bands, the non-profit organization's upcoming events and their support of children and families facing life-threatening cancers, visit 12bands.org.