Jack Kingston and David Perdue each claimed to represent the biggest departure from business as usual in the federal government, but Kingston didn't convince voters.
- Augusta District 6: Hasan wins 52-48%
- Georgia Senate District 22: Jones wins 61-39%
- 10th Congressional District: Hice wins GOP
- GOP U.S. Senate: Perdue wins GOP - 50.71%
- GOP school race: Richard Woods defeats Mike Buck by 726 votes.
British Open champion Rory McIlroy was so impressed with Augustan Jeff Knox's putting in the third round of April's Masters Tournament that he sent him a letter saying he'd like to play "a couple of practice rounds" with him at Augusta National Golf Club before the 2015 event.
Augusta could be closer to having a permanent head of city government, with Mayor Deke Copenhaver calling a meeting to "discuss and approve" his recommendation.